When an owner decides to invest capital dollars in their property, whether for a tenant’s interior improvements or a new roof, it is critical to monitor the entire process to avoid delays, change orders, and control costs. GS Management Company’s team of professionals has vast experience in coordinating capital and tenant improvements, and we are in control of the process from day one.
We designate ourselves as the point of contact throughout the construction process, coordinating with the architect, tenant, contractor, and owner. We request competitive bids and value engineer the bids for our clients. We carefully review each progress payment before recommending payment by the owner. From the beginning to the end of the job, our objective is a smooth and timely move-in for the tenant and to ensure cost control for the owner. This is an optional service.
- Coordinate meetings with architect and tenant
- Review plans from the owner’s perspective
- Maintain control over design to insure cost effective tenant improvements
- Solicit bids from subcontractors or general contractor
- Value engineer all bids for owner
- Monitor throughout construction process
- Point person for tenant, architect and contractor
- Work with local governmental agencies to insure code compliance
- Set up construction meetings
- Maintain cost control throughout construction process
- Conduct final walk-through and follow up on punch list items
- Primary objective is to insure timely tenant move-in
- Conduct similar controls managing all capital improvements